Sunday 22 March 2015

The Right Shade of Grey


This is in no way a shade of f’ed up. Okay, reference to famous erotic franchise over. 

This L’oreal Colour Riche nail polish in 858 Ocean Porcelaine is an absolutely beautiful blue toned grey shade that I have even painted my nails with twice. Twice? Wow, let us slow down here. I own a ridiculous collection of who knows how many polishes and I chose this to paint on my nails again. I must admit that this is not even my nail polish (it’s actually my sister’s) but it’s just too stunning not to show on the blog. To be thinking about this polish when it doesn’t even stand along with my other nail varnishes is evidence of the love I must have for it. ‘Absence makes the heart grow fonder’?

It is almost difficult to distinguish what the true shade of this polish is. In some light it appears to be a diluted shade of grey. Sometimes a very light, baby blue. It can also be interpreted as a creamy white. Whatever the shade is, it gives a polished (pun intended), clean look to the hands. Much like the effect of a white nail polish, it’s minimalism in nail form. Perfect to pair with any outfit out of resistance to clash with colour, it’s almost like the LBD of the nail varnish world (the “little blue-grey-white polish” doesn’t really have the same ring to it). 

When I first noticed the L’oreal polishes in store I was quite ambivalent towards them. The tiny bottle would surely never hold enough polish to compensate for its price. Upon further pondering I realised that the amount of nail polish is actually perfect for the amount of times I would use it. As I mentioned I own a rainbow of varnishes and to get through at least one a year is a triumph. The brush is also semi-wide which makes application even in two coats. Not just a nice colour, a great formula too. 

Now that I look at my nails it would also make an appropriate work colour. A contemporary take on a French manicure. C’est chic, non?

No comments:

Post a Comment