Sunday 29 March 2015

Bellabox March 2015



Today’s post includes my final Bellabox order. It seems so absolute, but unfortunately I won’t be extending my subscription. Although I fell in love with the idea of receiving a box of randomly curated beauty products a month, the items in each box I was sent were somewhat lackluster and commercial. As a beauty addict I already own most of the hyped up products so I was interested in trying new and exciting ones.

Nonetheless, let me go through March’s box...

As advertised through Bellabox’s emails, the Colour Theory eye pencil was a feature in everyone’s box. I received the colour Slate which in reality is nowhere near the grey toned shade it should; it’s a cool toned purple with subtle shimmer through it. When swatched it is quite disappointing with little pigment and a dry, chalky texture. Reminiscent of affordable brand eyeliners, I probably won’t be using it any time soon.

On a more positive note, I was excited to see the Nivea facial sunscreen in SPF 30. I’m a believer in protecting your skin from the sun’s rays everyday, whether it be overwhelmingly sunny or barely light at all. A sunscreen designed especially for the face has the benefit of (hopefully) preventing any acne that can be caused from using a regular sunscreen. A product I’m enthusiastic to test!

Also included was a sample size of the Revlon Photoready Airbrush Effect foundation in Natural Beige. This is my first Revlon foundation and I have high expectations that it will provide a full coverage with a non-cake like finish. 

Included in every box was a Stabilo Neon highlighter. I was given the green shade, which would have satisfied my 10 year old self, where I much prefer pink nowadays. An interesting redesign that will come in use for uni work. 

Two Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula products where included in the Bellabox, one being the Cleanser & Makeup Remover and the other the Moisturizing Day Cream. A brand I associate with strongly scented body creams, it will be refreshing to try out their facial products. 

The final product included was the Kerastase Resistance Reconstructing shampoo which due to my extremely sensitive scalp I will be passing on to my mother or sister. A perfect sample size to take on a short trip.


And that concludes my Bellabox subscription! Now where else can I spend all my money...

No comments:

Post a Comment