Sunday 1 March 2015

Bellabox February 2015



The main reason I signed up to a Bellabox subscription was the promise of February beauty box curated by Australia’s leading fashion magazines. I was beyond excited to find the little box of beauty samples on my doorstep sometime mid-Feb. Unfortunately, this month’s edition did not live up to my expectations, which may explain my reluctance in writing this post. 

Bellabox gave subscribers the rare opportunity to choose out of the three boxes that would be sent out in February. The choice was between the magazines Elle, Cosmopolitan and Harper’s Bazaar. As I already have a short subscription to Elle magazine I didn’t want to double up on issues, so the obvious choice for me was Harper’s Bazaar. In retrospect either of the two other magazines would have provided me with a more desirable list of products, but the three were very similar. A downside to February's edition is that customers had to wait until the magazines’ issues were released preceding each box’s distribution. Consequently, I found that my Bellabox took a little longer than usual to arrive. 

The packaging of the Bellabox itself and the cardboard parcel inside was lovely, though wasn’t enough to create an awe inducing box (not pictured). Upon opening my Bellabox, the item I found the most thrill in was the Harper’s Bazaar March issue. Unfortunately, shipping had slightly creased and warped the corners of the magazine; a giant pet peeve of mine. Unluckily I already own two of the products that arrived in the box; Essie’s nail laquer in Saint Tropez and Burts’ Bees’ Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream. I believe these to be quite hyped up and well known products in the beauty world, perhaps lending themselves a place in a Bellabox. My intention upon signing up, however, was to try new beauty products, perhaps even ones I was unaware of. These product choices may appeal to the everyday woman looking for trusted brands, but for a blogger and beauty addict they missed that element of uniqueness and well thought out selection.

Although I was disappointed to find out that the other two boxes contained Neutrogena’s Hydro Boost Water Gel, a product I have wanted to try, I will be testing the skincare samples provided in my box. I am most intrigued to try the Aveda Intensive Hydrating Masque and the Aveda Tourmaline Charged Exfoliating Cleanser as I find products like these quite easy to add to an existing skincare routine without disturbing a solid regime. The Transformulas Lip Volume is also an interesting product that aims to ‘dramatically enhance lips by 40 percent,’ a product that may assist in creating that signature Kylie Jenner pout. 


Overall, a slightly underwhelming box I am saddened to report. Hopefully March’s Bellabox will deliver the satiating quality my cosmetic obsession craves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment