Sunday 15 March 2015

Purple lip loves




A purple lip product is not usually found in everybody’s daily makeup bag, even entire makeup stash. It appears that many avoid a purple lip out of a fear of appearing attention seeking, too trend driven or just strange. 

I can honestly write that I adore purple toned lip products; they just seem to work extremely well against my skin tone. With reader’s doubts in mind, I aim to banish the fear of purple toned lip products. Don’t the words lavender, mauve, lilac, orchid and violet sound enticing and quite un-intimidating?

Today I bring you three wearable purple lip options that I truly love and find myself rummaging through my makeup bag to wear. Out of the three drugstore options I have one for those willing to dip a toe into the purple pool, a creamy and more pigmented lipstick and finally a bright, statement lip. What would a post of mine about lipstick be without a bold option? Dull and lackluster to say the least. 


I feel like this was one of the first products I purchased when I made my debut Chemist Warehouse beauty sale haul. It’s quite an odd lip product to start up a rounded makeup collection, but I am sure I was influenced by one beauty blogger or another. This purple lip is in the form of a crayon; an easy, creamy pigment in a user-friendly form. It adds a swipe of lilac colour to the lips that can almost be called “pastel,” but is surprisingly flattering. Avoid swiping too much product on as it can look a little excessive, but a quick swipe with your finger can reverse this. A bonus is that it has the perfect mint scent.


Amelia from AmeliaLiana recommended this formula of lipstick, although it was in a different shade. A quick swatch in Priceline and I realised that I had about three lipsticks of the same tone, so I decided to go with the purple option, one that I had actually spotted months before. This is like the everyday lipsticks I own (pink and brown toned) but with a purple hue instead. I would call this a grape shade as it’s not obnoxiously bright. The formula of this lipstick is creamy and glides well onto the lips, but is not so buttery that is glides right off. It will need reapplying throughout the day (on work breaks for me), but the shade is all kinds of gorgeous. At $4.70 retail for this lipstick, reach at the bottom of your handbag for loose change and go purchase. 


This is the most bright, intense and beautiful purple lipstick I have ever seen. That’s a big statement as I often browse photos online of lipstick for hours. It’s also found at the drugstore/pharmacy, which makes it all the more irresistible. This formula is more creamy than the previous, which adds a luscious sheen to the lips. Think the dewiness you lust for in a foundation translated onto the lips. I do not have any more adjectives that can describe its beauty, so make sure to have a swatch next time you see it in store.


Have I convinced you to buy a purple toned lip product? I think I may have convinced myself to add MAC’s Flat Out Fabulous to my to-buy list...

No comments:

Post a Comment