Sunday 1 February 2015

Bellabox January 2015




I had seen advertisements for Bellabox in the past, browsed the website and even proceeded to checkout but had never fully committed to the subscription. After an Instagram post from Harper’s Bazaar Australia appeared on my news feed publicising Bellabox’s February edition (which will be curated by three leading Australian fashion magazines), I finally applied. I decided it would make for an interesting post and fill the void of incoming mail that had somewhat diminished following my recent and quite excessive spending.

In summary, Bellabox is a monthly subscription service that sends out a box of 4-5 beauty samples at the price of $15 (per month). It seemed like an exciting way to try new beauty products at the retail price of a couple full sized products. Perhaps the “risk” and uncertainty of what will be sent each month enticed the very minute risk-taker in myself. I will probably never jump out of a plane but dive right into a box of unknown beauty products? Sign me up.

The cautious and ever rational dominating side to my personality took over when it came to the monthly fee. Signing up for $15 a month with cancellation at any time seemed to entail a lengthy process and large amount out of my monthly spending. Essentially, I gifted myself a three month subscription as a trial of the program, completely free of commitment.

Communication between Bellabox and the customer is established from the outset, where an email is automatically sent to your address as soon as you sign up. In alliance with Australia Post, an email was sent of the arrival date of the package. What shcoked me the most was that I was at my laptop one morning, and received an email to say that my package had been delivered. Going to the front porch, the package had just been placed on my front door step. It seemed so strange that an email told me what was at my front door before I even realised! 

Overall, I am completely satisfied with the whole Bellabox process. Here’s to next month’s box being even better!

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! There are so many products out in the market place - I tend to question "how do I know it's the right product for me?" As a consumer do we want to spend money on new items we are unsure about?. I have purchase countless beauty products and have been disappointed in the past. They still sit on the bottom shelf in my cupboard. Creating a "sample box" such as "Bellabox" is a great way for consumers to trial before we buy.

    Keep us informed about the next package you receive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree with you! It's sometimes difficult to judge a product's suitability amongst various advertisements and hyped up status both in store and online. Even if a product in Bellabox does not seem to suit you perfectly, the sample size allows you to actually use the product completely.

      Fevruary's Bellabox seems very exciting, will definitely do a blogpost soon!

      Delete