Sunday 22 February 2015

OOTN#2 ft. Lust worthy clutch






This is an outfit I recently wore out to dinner with a friend. No surprise that I’m wearing a midi skirt; it appears to be my sartorial safety blanket, disguising the night’s intake of lasagna and an espresso martini. Ten times and counting on the occasions I have worn this skirt; it seems to add the right amount of femininity and casualness to any top I might pair it with. Which brings me to the sheer, black, long sleeve, dotted top that I had been looking all over for. No, not on the floor of my bedroom, rather searching the stores for what seemed like months trying to find something remotely similar to the vision I had in my mind. H&M never fails me as I managed to pick this up for only $5. Sure, it’s a little big on me and I might have to roll the sleeves up, but at that price one can only gladly take it home. 

What elevated this usual and unoriginal outfit was the amazing clutch. I had seen this clutch in H&M at least a month or two before. Each time I had gone in I had contemplated purchasing it, but perhaps it was the $30 price tag that dissuaded me. Thirty dollars is by no means an excessive amount for a clutch but I rarely use them, so it wouldn’t have been personally cost effective. When I finally decided that I needed to own the clutch having it been constantly on my mind, it was no where to be seen. In my selfish woe of having missed out I aimed to forget about the beautiful clutch. Fast forward a month or two later and there was the clutch in the sale section of H&M, and at half price. I absolutely live for moments like these! 

What makes this clutch utterly beautiful is the purple suede that covers the entire outer section. It has an expensive appearance without the jaw dropping price tag. It was raining on the night of this outing, much to my luck, which was not ideal for a suede clutch. Consider spraying any suede items with a protector before using. The jewel shade contrasted with the gold tassel (I love a good tassel) is perfection. Yes, it may be an ode to my primary school colours but it just works, opposites on the colour wheel to be precise (a quick Google search confirmed).  Not only can it be worn as a clutch, when the strap is attached it can be worn over the shoulder. This allows a “hands free” approach so you can wrap your arms around your partner’s neck, or reach down and pick up the loose change you dropped on the floor. We can all guess which situation I’d be in; a McDonald’s cone anyone? 

No comments:

Post a Comment