Sunday 22 June 2014

OOTD #3











For the third installment of my outfit series I thought I would do a ‘two for the price of one.’ This is not some sort of internet scam, I just happened to have photos of two different occasions that I wore this top, so I thought that I might as well show you. It’s a rarity that I buy trend driven pieces as they don’t get their cost-per-wear in my wardrobe. By the time I decide to take it off the hanger the moment has already come and gone. This time around I have really been loving the quilted look, and the cut and colour of this particular one was quite unusual. I’m crowning this as the perfect winter crop top as the material is very thick, compensating for its “crop-ness.” The main reason I picked this up is because it seemed like the perfect length paired with a skirt, and surprisingly it is just long enough that I can wear it with pants too (if you consider leggings as pants, that is, but I’ll leave that debate for another day). And, of course, it was pretty inexpensive. Pair it with a bold lip and a statement necklace and you will go from inexpensive to bloomin’ fantastic. Okay, so it didn’t exactly rhyme but close enough, right? 

First outfit
K-mart skater skirt
Collette gold chain necklace
Lipstick brown boots

Second outfit 
Dotti leggings
Sportsgirl black handbag with gold hardware
Lipstick black boots
Fossil tortoiseshell watch
Maybelline Colour sensational vivid lipstick (in Vibrant Mandarin)

No comments:

Post a Comment