Sunday 26 October 2014

Dreamy products


Today I bring you some beautiful products that may not be on your ultimate ‘if I was a millionaire’ wish list, but don’t have the nightmarish price tags that most luxury items do. Think of it as dreaming within reason. Sure, dreaming with limits can sound quite dull and restrictive, but thankfully some lower end beauty brands do cater for budget conscious folk. Cue, from left to right, swoon inducing beauty...



I confess, this tube did dry up a while ago, but having finished it and moved on to a new mascara I now realise just how amazing it is. I go into a little more detail about this in a coming empties post, but let’s just say that this mascara has holy-grail status. It may be because of it’s speculated waterproof formula, but my lashes hold their curl with this, are lengthened, volumised, separated, and look damn good. Ok, so it’s not ten dollars, nor twenty, actually nor thirty but it’s definitely not as pricey as a YSL or Dior offering. Maybe one to put on the Christmas wish list. I know, Christmas talk already, blame all the bloggers and YouTubers for their premature festive spirit.


Before I bought this brush I was using a kabuki brush that I received as a gift with purchase. Though it does remain in my makeup bag as it’s the perfect size, I like to use something a little less scratchy at home. When I’m powdering my face for a night out I prefer to use something big and fluffy, distributing the powder evenly and avoiding the “cake face” look. Actual cake on my face, yes, but caked on makeup? I’ll pass. What’s different about this brush is that it’s almost flat on either side (this may have been a result of its packaging), but surprisingly it works effectively. Rather than spreading the base makeup, it glides over the top, preventing shine and not disturbing all the hard work you did blending. You can find this at Priceline so its very affordable, but wait for a sale and you’ve made me proud.


This is a gorgeous line; creamy, cheap and cheerful. My alliteration is on point. Blame my upcoming English exam. The colour tattoos are beautiful cream eyeshadows housed in little pots, that deliver high pigment and leave an interesting eye look in one swipe. This particular shade is one that is quite unusual as it’s not a typical neutral shade. Wear it in the inner corner of the eye to add some appeal, paired with lots of mascara. You can also wear it all over the lid, a little brown shadow blended into the crease with lashings of mascara. Don’t be scared that it’s pink. On the eye it looks like there’s a little colour, but nothing worthy of a child’s makeup bag. Have a swatch next time your shopping, its well worth the under ten dollar price tag.


I received this as a gift from my mum and sister last Christmas. I’m always on the hunt for a perfect vanilla perfume; my favourite scent. This is much more luxurious than other body shop fragrances; it’s a much more amped up version of a body mist that lasts on the skin. As it’s described on the website it’s ‘earthy, warm, seductive, carefree.’ It does have a typical vanilla sweetness but it has a warmth and depth to it also. The layered scent makes it seem more expensive than it is, a scent that is perfect for summertime, or all year really. As it’s a mono fragrance you can layer with other perfumes, creating a bespoke scent. One that I’m almost half way through.


This is an absolutely raved about product in the beauty world. It’s a powder highlighter that deposits an ethereal glow onto any point you place it. I think I recall someone describing it as angels radiating onto your face? This highlighter will emphasise cheekbones, protrude a cupid’s bow and give you and all over incandescence to your complexion. Expect to turn your head side to side in the mirror to catch the light; it’s literally head turning. If there’s one thing you think might be lacking in your beauty stash then give this highlighter a go. Not as expensive as MAC’s Soft ‘n’ Gentle and a fraction of the price of a Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick, Mary Lou has definitely lured me in.  

MAC Retro Matte lipstick in Relentlessly Red

Personally, a lip product does not get much better than a completely opaque matte lipstick. I have talked about this lipstick here, but thought I better remind you about it. It’s a gorgeous pink that leans a little orange, a little red. Hard to put a finger on an exact shade it’s a beautiful colour on the lips which sticks around due to the long lasting matte formula. One you can get away without a touch-up if you’re lazy like me. They’re no Tom Ford magnet close lid type, but they make up for it with the vanilla scent. A lipstick I could honestly open and sniff away at. Better than textas, right? Save this one for when you receive a Myer giftcard, my chosen means of purchase. 

No comments:

Post a Comment