Sunday 5 October 2014

Shoe haul

I’m not sure whether I’ve voiced my aversion to shoe shopping on her before, but lean in a little closer as you’re about to hear a tale that may only be told once. Recently, in a very casual shopping trip I managed to score three pairs of shoes. Three pairs of shoes in one trip! This is a complete rarity for me as I find that either the shoe doesn’t quite fit, they don’t have my size, the strap cuts me off, my feet look huge, the style isn’t exactly what I’m looking for or they’re too expensive for the quality. For some reason my shoe dreams are never quite realised; but I guess I can’t expect every pair of shoes to resemble one of Charlotte Olympia’s creations. 





Tru Blue shoes was my first stop, which is a discount shoe store that sells high quality shoe brands like Tony Bianco at an outlet price. These pink heels cost me a grand total of ten dollars, the price of a sandwich nowadays. I thought that these would be perfect for those parties that may include dancing on the grass or stepping in the mud. Classy. The gorgeous hot pink colour will really make a statement and the platform with the ankle strap will add comfort. 






The next stop was Kmart, of course. What would a blog post be without mentioning Kmart? They have a very comprehensive selection of shoes ranging from heels, sandals, boots and slippers(my favourite!). The first is a combination between a heel and a sandal; more aptly named the “flatform.” Firstly, they are in the all-complementing shade of black and they came to twenty dollars. What attracted me to these is they solve the problem of what shoe option to choose for those awkward situations that are too causal for a heel, and not casual enough for just sandals. These will give me a little height and I think they’ll fast become my most worn shoe this spring/summer.




The third pair, again from Kmart, is perhaps my favourite of all three. They are quite reminiscent of the & other stories pair or the Zara sandals that Anna from ViviannaDoesMakeup seems to mention quite a bit. In an ode to Anna (and we share the same nickname, by the way), I was already sold on these black and leopard print pair. Normally leopard print can be garish and a little tacky, but I think the placement just on the band around the foot stops it from being tasteless. I wore these on the night that I bought them, and they were fairly comfortable. I imagine myself wearing these to dinner on balmy summer nights in the city. 

No comments:

Post a Comment