Sunday 21 September 2014

Berry stained pout: Summer's new lip



Though Melbourne’s current weather may not be indicative of the changing season, we are most definitely in spring. Warmer weather translates into pastel shades, lighter layers and shorter hemlines. As for makeup, the overall application is a lot less heavy with the focus on creating a healthy, glowing base. Bold lips are also always on trend during spring and summer. What surprised me is that the lips seen on the models at Melbourne Spring Fashion Week Runway 2 were deep, berry tones usually reserved for autumn/winter. Not only did the lips suit every look, they added a sense of edginess to spring styling. I was actually ecstatic that this lip trend has carried on from winter as I didn’t get the chance to wear my bold, berry lip. Last year I wore wine toned lipsticks every moment I could, whereas this year I just didn’t seem to choose them out of my collection of lipsticks. I won’t be wallowing in my sorrow of a moment passed, as I have been given an opportunity to crack out my favourite lipsticks yet again. It’s actually very logical that burgundy lipstick is worn throughout summer as it reflects summer’s berries; strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries. I can just imagine the juices forming around my mouth, staining my lips a lovely shade of raspberry red. If you don’t want to wait for berries to give you the perfect pout then you can always rely on makeup. Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss in 107 is a cult classic shade that is a mid tone wine; mot too red, with just the right amount of purple. The formula is a comfortable wear with a satin finish, giving it the appearance of a matte lip without the dryness. Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss in 09 is also a nice choice for something a little more red tinged with a creamier finish. Lipsticks at the ready, a bowl raspberries nearby, you are now ready to summon the warm weather. 

No comments:

Post a Comment