Sunday 28 September 2014

The Royal Melbourne Show


The sun was a little bright, should have definitely wore my sunglasses for this photo!



Maybelline’s Superstay 7 Day nail colour in Eternal Lilac, which I have already worn four times since I bought it only last month!


Having a real life Marylin Munroe moment, hence the squinty grin! 


Just a little close up of the makeup: Maybelline master precise liquid liner and Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm stain in Darling


A mandatory selfie before I left, of course!


My favourite fascinator from the Arts&Crafts section, one I wish I could wear to the races!


A gorgeous handmade pink dress in a classic cut; dreamy!


Goodness, another selfie, but it’s okay this time because it’s with my pink Big M!


Always a highlight of the show, Dippin’ Dots! Literally icecream made into little balls that taste amazingly delicious


My Minnie Mouse hat! I loved that it complemented my all pink outfit!


Buying a showbag is always a must-do. This year I went for Elle magazine’s bag as I thought I could convert it into my beach bag in the summertime! Not to mention getting three magazines and endless samples!


Earlier on in the week I visited the Melbourne Show; a family tradition that insists we must attend every year. Although as I grow older the excitement and the idealised atmosphere of the show fades, and I feel that somehow the quality diminishes. It is almost like every year is never better than the one before, something quite depressing to be honest. Nevertheless, we enjoyed the day as the weather was gloriously warm and were entertained by each others’ company. Of course I took the day to study other people’s outfits and makeup application, exclaiming more than several times how ‘pretty’ that lady looked, or how much ‘I loved her pants!’ As a typical fashion girl, in the dog pavilion I was much more engaged with the dog owner’s outfit than the dog itself, but you can’t blame me; she was wearing green on green!

I find that every year I attend the show I try a little too hard with my outfit, don’t try hard enough or don’t end up being happy with it. This may be because my style is not typical of every other girl my age, where I would much rather wear a pink skater skirt than high waisted denim shorts. I had a typical “girly” moment where I literally tried on every skirt-top combination in my wardrobe. It looked like my room had been raided, which is highly improbable as my closet consists of all inexpensive buys. I finally decided on a purply pink skater skirt with this honeycomb knit cropped jumper. I liked the sweet tones and felt that I wanted to wear something a little daring, but also fairly feminine and youthful. The show was definitely not the time to bring class, I guess being my way to maintain a sense of nostalgia. The colours paired perfectly with my freshly painted lilac nails, and I went for a cat eye liner with a sheer purple lip. My white Converse were mainly chosen for their practicality, but the white did pair nicely with the purple and pink. Who knows, maybe I’ll absolutely loathe this outfit around the same time next year, but for now I’m fairly content. The colours matched excellently with the Minnie Mouse hat I bought, and also with my strawberry Big M, so I was one very delighted little girl again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment