Sunday 7 September 2014

OOTN#1 Fashion Week














This is the outfit that I wore to my very first fashion week on Wednesday that just passed. A full recap of my favourite looks and designers coming next week! This is the occasion that I had to look my most fashionable, and for me that translates into incorporating trend driven pieces with those that reflect my personal style. While some like to dress head to toe in the latest trends, I prefer to take one key idea or item, in this case the colour white, and work around it as the focal point. Personally, being fashionable stems from a confidence and a classiness that exceeds any clothing that one might wear. For me, it is all about the way someone wears an item that makes it truly desirable or covetable. 

Planning for this outfit I had the colour white in my mind, knowing I wanted something off the shoulder and a midi length, floaty skirt. On a trip to Kmart I spotted these shoes for $12.50. I could not believe how gorgeous they were; black and white netted material, a court style, not too high and a pointed toe! From that point on I was persistent on a monochrome outfit, which is actually quite a rarity for me. I always manage to incorporate some sort of colour into my styling, so perhaps this was my way of experimenting with my style for the one occasion a year that encourages it. In the same shopping trip I also spotted this white clutch with 3D daises and hints of gold hardware which is very reflective of my style. I could not believe that I could find pieces for fashion week in Kmart! Just don’t tell Anna Wintour, or should I say Australia’s Edwina McCann. Maybe one day I’ll be lucky enough to at least hire designer outfits, but for now my Kmart and sale items will suffice. Next came a few hours browsing on Asos, which did not leave me too overwhelmed, quite surprisingly. This Fashion Union skirt became the piece of the entire look as I just love a high waisted, bell shaped skirt, though I can be a little hesitant to sport it. The detail on this skirt is so amazing, as the overlay has sketched-looking flowers that are almost ironed or sewn onto the sheer fabric. It makes for a very full and voluminous skirt from afar, and an extremely intricate and intriguing skirt up close. Lastly, the white off-the-shoulder top was an easy purchase that I can wear repeatedly, and didn’t take much thought as I already owned a very similar sweetheart shaped Asos top. 

As for the makeup, I kept the base quite classic with the focus on the lip. A quick browse of Elle magazine secured a hot pink glossy lip as the pick of the season, so the Maybelline Colour Elixir in Fuchsia Flourish it was. Bronzed skin is a necessity for spring/summertime and I honestly cannot do a full face of makeup without a little contour! For my nails I found the perfect nail stickers in the bargain bin in Priceline; how classy! They matched perfectly with my skirt, with the same monochrome theme, and the floral detail. They lasted pretty well, until I took them off today (Sunday), so about four or five days in total. I kept my hair natural and sleek, which is how I prefer to have it with long, gold earrings. 

I must say that a crop top is perhaps not the most appropriate choice for temperatures resembling mid winter, but I had to get into the spring mood somehow. I’ll sacrifice warmth for fashion, the true sign of a fashion crazed girl just trying to stay “in vogue.” 

Outfit details
ASOS Gold Earrings (similar here)
Kmart Court Shoes

Kmart White Daisy Clutch


No comments:

Post a Comment