Sunday 16 November 2014

Hats Off




(**Warning, I repeat the word ‘hat’ a few too many times in this post)

A hat? Is that what that item is balanced atop my head? You’d be right if you guessed it was a hat. I don’t think I have worn a hat on the blog since I started this year. I am not the biggest hat person (that created a mental image of me as a giant, scooping up an enormous pile of hats; I need sleep). I’ve always loved the power of a hat, transforming an outfit from ordinary to blogger-worthy. However, I’ve never quite understood the saying “bad hair day” hat. If I’m having a bad hair day the last thing I want to do is put a hat on to attract attention to my head, highlighting my oily locks, or even think of putting my hair into the hat to make it look as if I have no hair at all. Okay, so now that I have completely ruined the image of a hat for you let me explain my recent purchase. As I was browsing Sportsgirl a few weeks ago I spotted this pink hat. Not only was it pink (can I just say OMG), it was very reasonably priced as it was on sale. Wanting to experiment a little I decided to buy it. Now, buying a felt hat as we approach summer may not have been the greatest sartorial decision ever made, but it was one of impulsivity. This hat was purchased at just the right time, which now explains my aptly titled post, as I have just recently graduated from high school. ‘Hats off’ is my little ode to graduating, where we never actually had the chance to throw any hat into the air. Though my exams are not yet over and the celebrations have not begun, I shall live my life through fashion and remember the defining moments in my life through pieces. So hats off to everyone who completed high school this year, a great achievement that must not be forgotten amongst exams and ATAR scores. 

No comments:

Post a Comment