Sunday 23 November 2014

MAC's No Faux Pas






On the ordinary perusal of Anna’s blog, I came across the post titled ‘If You Get One Thing from MAC’s Christmas Collection…’ Immediately entranced by the word ‘MAC’ and the glittering packaging, just like a magpie to a piece of tin foil, my cursor clicked onto the post. What followed was an instantaneous Google search of MAC’s Heirloom Mix holiday collection, complete with swatches on Temptalia. What engrossed me, I am slightly hesitant to admit, was the packaging. As I have written on the blog before I am a massive fan of MAC lipsticks, but they have taken the packaging to a whole new level of coveting with the silver glitter, and even the click of the lid seems better made than the original. What I shamelessly did was chose a colour of lipstick that I liked amongst those housed in the limited edition packaging. Definitely not the right way to choose a product, but I was lucky enough to find the collection still available in store, where I could swatch the lipsticks in person. I was even luckier that they had a hot pink shade, one that I would actually wear and was different to their Relentlessly Red lipstick, with more of a blue undertone that appeared slightly purple on my heavily pigmented lips. I tried on the shade, told the assistant I wanted to see what it looked like in daylight and continued shopping, knowing all the time that its purchase was inevitable. And so my Myer gift card was spent and I came home with a beautiful lipstick. A very early Christmas gift to myself. Regrets? Never. I won’t be committing a faux pas with this lipstick on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment