Sunday 7 December 2014

Lush haul


I must admit that I rarely have baths. Showers are my preferred method of cleansing, where I could literally spend an hour in the shower. But what do I do in there besides wash myself? Well, I think about the day, what I will do tomorrow and next week and then, after a while where perhaps the scent of my shampoo has metaphorically gone to my head, I will generally just have an overall contemplation of my life. But for some reason, baths just bore me. A few weeks ago during stressful end of assessment time I decided to have a bath to calm my ever buzzing mind. I even lighted a candle and used a Lush bath bomb. Perhaps it’s the running water in a shower that calms me in an ironic way, but the still water of a bath and the gradual decrease in water temperature does not excite me. Nevertheless, when Christmas time rolls around (not really Christmas time as stores like to start early) my sister and I like to take a trip into Lush. There is something so festive about Lush during this time, where favourites like cinnamon and glitter are mixed to create a handful of pure joy.  Last year I made the mistake of going into Lush either just before Christmas or a little after, where half of the Christmas products had sold out. Much to my disappointment of the Star Light Star Bright Bath Melt having been completely sold out, this year I was determined to get in early. Late October we took a trip into Lush, had free rein over the Christmas stock and spent a little too much money (or so my mother thinks). Today I will share with you my purchases and give you a quick description of my first impressions of the scents. If you want a more detailed and precise description of each product I will link each one to the Lush website. On with the haul…


This is actually for Halloween, but I decided to include it anyway. I have to comment that this bubble bar is encrusted in purple glitter; utter decadence! The scent is very deep and musky, one that I would not normally be drawn to, but whose sweetness adds a warming element. 


I will not begin a long winded rant but I was very disappointed last year when this sold out. Hence, this year I bought two, as I am an absolute glitter fiend. This scent, as described by my sister, apparently smells like uncooked noodles. For a more reliable description I would say that the scent is very summery, different from the warm, comforting winter scents, with a citrusy, zesty blend of ginger. 


As the name suggests this soap has a scent reminiscent of egg nog; a very warm, sweet, spicy mix of cinnamon and nutmeg. One of the most classic Christmas scents that is almost quite expensive smelling, as it’s not overly sweet. I do have to comment that the soaps are quite expensive for the amount your receive, so something to consider when buying, as I did not realise the price until I got home!



My sister’s personal favourite, this bath bomb is a simple, warm, cinnamon-like scent perfect for Christmas time baths.


This absolutely gorgeous present shaped, gold glitter dipped bath bomb is my favourite. It does have a scent that is very hard to describe; I remember from last year that is has champagne in it, so quite a crisp fragrance. It has an expensive scent that is slightly citrusy. 


A very cute one in the shape of a bear, this has a creamy scent (if that exists), with notes of vanilla and spice. Also, the fragrance is not too overpowering, and can perhaps be used in conjugation with another Lush product. Unfortunately I dropped him, hence his broken ear!


One that I remember using last year, this has a scent very similar to the Golden Wonder Bath Bomb, but is a little more strong and floral. 


Apparently this has the same fragrance to the Olive branch line at Lush, so it has a very natural, unisex, pure smelling odour. One for those who shy away from the extremely sweet scents. This one is actually from last year, which explains his deformed face. 


This is a reusable wand that you swirl in the bath, which hopefully creates beautiful, pink bubbles! I’m not completely in love with the scent; it’s a little artificial and strong for my personal taste. 


This was quite an unexpected scent for me, one that took me a little while to acurately decipher. It has an apple fragrance, one that is light, fresh and a little floral. One just perfect for summertime in Australia. 

This soap is quite different from the Yog Nog, it has a very creamy fragrance. It is almost quite artificial smelling, and one that I find difficult to describe.


So that concludes my Lush haul. The Holly Go Lightly Bubble Bar has been on my mind though. Perhaps this calls for another Lush trip...

No comments:

Post a Comment