Sunday 18 May 2014

The Fluted Skirt






I recently picked up this skirt, and I couldn’t be happier with it. Firstly, I found this skirt at K-mart. K-mart of all places. I actually love shopping there because every now and again I find a gem of an item, at the most affordable prices. Did I mention I found a pair of tracksuit pants in the most gorgeous lilac colour for $3.50? Ridiculous, I know. Not only is this skirt in the all-flattering and versatile shade of black, the length of it is perfect. On me it sits just above the knee, with the band sitting above my hips. The material is also ribbed, giving it a textured look which is very on-trend. It is quite thick which gives it the illusion of a more expensive item, definitely not a skirt that costs only 15 dollars. The defining feature of this skirt is the fluted hem, again, a characteristic that is trickling its way through the trends. The fluted hem adds a modern touch to a once simple skirt, making it “fashion blogger approved.” There is no doubt I will get my cost-per-wear out of this skirt! At only $15 I can afford to get two, just incase I accidentally stain/rip/shrink it... 

Where do you love to shop to find a great bargain?

No comments:

Post a Comment