Sunday 28 December 2014

Holiday Gifts


For my post-Christmas post I thought I would keep things fairly casual as I’m honestly in a true lazy, holiday faze. Although my holidays began over a moth ago, I feel that now is the acceptable time to sit on the couch, play video games and finish off an entire packet of Lindt chocolate (I am guilty of all the above). I thought up of doing a type of ‘What I got for Christmas’ blogpost as I recalled some YouTubers last year filming them. I have to disclaim that I am in no way trying to brag about my presents, I am very grateful indeed to have received them. I thought it might be interesting to see what gifts I was given, and perhaps inspire a wish list of things to buy for yourselves in the new year. On with the gifts; it feels like Christmas morning all over again...



As the school year has officially finished, I now finally have the time to read again. And not books off the booklist, ones of my own choice! I have been wanting to watch One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest as I thought it would be interesting, given the psychological themes. It was a pleasant surprise when I opened this from my sister; a book I can’t wait to get into. The Penguin classic cover isn’t too bad either. Cat’s Eye is a book that was only recently added to my ‘to read’ list, so I happened to receive this by complete mental telepathy. One that was actually on the VCAA English booklist this year; I guess it must a worthwhile read. Eucalyptus is a book that I have never seen before, but I have always wanted to read a novel that I have no prior knowledge of. One that I have heard of, however, is Rookie Yearbook Three. Though I don’t own the first two I know this will be coffee table book of sartorial gorgeousness. 

From the top to bottom: One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest by Ken Kesey, Cat’s Eye by Margaret Atwood, Eucalyptus by Murray Bail, Rookie Yearbook Three by Tavi Gevinson


These beautiful notebooks not only fill the insatiable stationary hunger that is present in all of us, but serve a practical purpose. It seems that I have completely bored those around me in my pursuits of a journalism career, but thankfully they have been thoughtful enough to buy me journals. Blogposts will most definitely be planned out and drafted in one, and perhaps my future freelance work in the other. Their positive covers will, no doubt, inspire great work (one hopes!). 

Left to Right: Kikki-k, unknown

These two beauty related gifts both come from TheBodyShop, but were gifted to me by my sister. I requested these when we were in store one day; I couldn’t contain my excitement when I discovered they included a vanilla scent in their Christmas collection. It’s so sweet yet deep, and almost spicy. Absolutely delicious. There’s nothing wrong with smelling like cake, is there? The eau de toilette is completely perfect, though I find the shimmer lotion a little too shimmery. Maybe one to save for a night out, and use sparingly! 

Left to Right: Vanilla Brûlée Eau De Toilette, Vanilla Brûlé Shimmer Lotion


This seems like a random purchase, but one thoughtfully gifted! I had mentioned to my mum that I had wanted a glass nail file (much to her bemusement) as I had seen many YouTubers with them. I’m fairly certain that Australia does not stock any glass nail files, but I do think this is the next best thing. This is a step above the usual nail buffers I use; the cheap ones with the sandpaper-like file glued onto cardboard. My nails will thank me for the upgrade! 



This handbag was a stunning gift from my bestfriend, one that was really too much! I mean, it’s absolutely gorgeous! I love the white and black detail, where the white is perfect for summer and the black trim makes it Instagram worthy with its monochromatic style. I love the quilting and even more, the embossed damask print. The gold hardware really completes the bag and adds a touch of glamour. The round shape is unique, and one that has a retro feel. I have a vision of holding this while drinking a glass of champagne with the ladies, having just finished a tennis match. Not that I really drink nor do I play tennis, but it’s all about the feeling an accessory or item of clothing gives you. 

Forever New Annie-Rose Quilted Bag


The last gift is truly the best one. Before anything, I have to apologise for the lighting in this photo. It appears my camera did not respond well to the light from the screen. I got a 13 inch Macbook Pro! This was a very unexpected gift as I had originally planned to buy myself a new laptop, but it’s one that I am so grateful for. It was intended as a gift to congratulate my graduation from high school, and I could not be happier with it. I have been a Mac fan ever since I was a little girl, as we have always had Apple products in the house. Though I loved my Macbook air as it was so light and I adored the flat keyboard, I needed something a little bigger with all the functions for my time at university next year. Just typing out the word ‘university’ is a little confronting; do I have to become an adult yet? Anyway, what I love about my new laptop is it’s size; 13 inches is definitely the fit for me. Eleven is a little too small and I can imagine the back issues I would acquire by carrying around the 15 inch. The screen makes anything look absolutely amazing, even Youtube videos look more professional. I have only had it for a few days but it appears the battery lasts fairly well, and I like that I has a slot for my SD card. Overall, I’m one very happy, extremely lucky girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment