Sunday 18 January 2015

Picnic Appropriate





It was only time until I, yet again, featured a Kmart product on the blog. On a recent trip and a surprisingly quick browse of the shoe aisle (as my sister commented, which happened as I was already aware of every show Kmart carry due to many previous trips), I found a lovely pair of white wedges. As I’ve commented on the blog before, I find it quite difficult to find shoes that truly fit well, are flattering and don’t cost an entire week’s month’s pay. Therefore, whenever I see a pair of shoes that I remotely like I take the effort to try them on. Despite the slight incline on the arch (the wedge, so to speak), they seemed quite comfortable. What enticed me most about these shoes was the situation that immediately formed in my mind about, ideally, where I would wear them. What I love most about fashion, perhaps, is the feeling a piece of clothing or an accessory can give; an emotion, a memory, a daydream.


As soon as I spotted these shoes I had visions (not the supernatural kind) of wearing these shoes to a garden party. A picnic on the grass complete with cucumber sandwiches and a full skirted, pleated, cotton summer dress. Now that I think about it, wedges are a very good choice. All I need now is an invitation to a celebration on grass. For now I’ll have to settle for the printed flowers on my quilt cover. 


(Bonus points if you can spot the tip of my sister's rabbit slipper)

No comments:

Post a Comment