Sunday 11 May 2014

H&M Haul







Rabbit / $6.95
Now I know I have already raved about this in my Easter post, but I thought I would take the opportunity to talk about H&M Home. Their range of homewares is on-trend, affordable and, again, the quality is great. If you are looking for an update to your current décor, I would suggest buying some of their pillow cases and their throws. Not only are they gorgeous, they are also functional. Check out the range next time you’re there.

Midi rings / $4.95 for a pair
Firstly, the price of these rings is ridiculously fantastic. It’s an affordable way to try a trend. I wore these rings the other day and received lots of compliments on them. They didn’t seem to stain my fingers green as most inexpensive rings do, and they were fairly comfortable to wear. The best thing is that the metal on these doesn’t look cheap, but you and I both know how much I paid for them!



Scarf / $12.95
This was an impulse purchase, but one well chosen. I picked it up because of the colour as I’m a little obsessed with light grey as a neutral addition to my wardrobe at the moment. When I tried it on, I noticed how soft the material was. And damn, it was soft. Then I looked at the price tag: $12.95. The perfect addition to my winter wardrobe.



Beanie / $6.95
Let me touch on the fact that, firstly, this beanie has my initial A on it. It may only be me but I find myself being drawn to things monogrammed with the letter of my name on it. A is for Awesome, Academic and Athletic. Okay, maybe not the last one. I think I was drawn to this beanie, apart from the A of course, because of the colour. I tend to be attracted to maroon and burgundy colours in the winter, and this beanie will be the perfect match to the lipstick I crack out during the colder months. It may seem strange but the shape and size of this beanie is also what made me purchase it; it has quite thick material and it seems as though it won’t make my head look like an egg. Also, its not too loose and floppy that I will just look downright stupid wearing it. Not forgetting to mention I feel like a badass with it on. 

 Hairclips / $2.95
This might seem like a strange thing to haul, but I had been looking for the perfect hairclips to pin my hair up at home so I don’t give myself a headache tying it up all the time. Everywhere I looked they seemed to be the wrong size and relatively expensive for what is really just a piece of plastic. At $2.95 I had to get these, it was one of those ‘throw it in the basket’ type of moments.


Wallets / $12.95
When the H&M Australian site when live before the store opened, I spotted these gorgeous wallets. I could not wait to get my hands on these in store, though I had to wait until my second visit until they were available to purchase. I’m like a magpie when it comes to glitter, my eyes are immediately drawn to anything sparkly. The glittery gold purse may very well become my new makeup bag. As for the other, I am yet to decide. Decisions, decisions...






Socks / $12.95
Warning- the checkout is dangerous. Located on either side of the checkout line are tubs of cheap n’ cheerful goodies. Navy fair isle socks that I can wear around the house? Yes, please. At $12.95 for a pack of two they were already being scanned at the counter before I could say no. 




Tartan skirt / $27.95
I know, another skirt. Only a couple months ago I had a lack of skirts in my wardrobe, now there appears to be an abundance to choose from. This skirt is targeted towards a more casual look as I envision wearing it with black tights and boots in the winter. I like its nod to the 90’s trend without being too grungy. As my style is quite feminine I thought this skirt would be a good way to toughen up any look. Its a cheap and easy piece to incorporate into any existing wardrobe. 



Blue t-shirt / $9.95

When I spotted this on the rack I knew it would become an everyday staple. Its an unusual colour, an almost blue grey with tiny white flecks. I like that its an update from a boring grey t-shirt (though I do love them!). An easy buy, at an even better price. 




Pleather skirt / $29.95
I have been searching for the perfect pleather skirt for a while now. Like my usual fashion endeavours, I can never seem to find an exact match to the picture have in my mind. And then H&M came. Close enough to my original vision, at half the price and a good fit? In the basket it went. I love the length of this skirt, it is very flattering and sophisticated while being sultry at the same time. I also like the small split at the back, and the fact it sits a little higher on my waist. Faking it has never been so good...



Black lace top / $12.95
This is a gorgeous plain black top with a subtly laced sheer detail. I absolutely love the scalloping on the sleeve, and the sheer panel adds an interesting touch. Maybe one to wear during the night but it can be layered under a cardigan and a coat in the winter. I have already worn this top once and i loved it; its easy to wear tucked into a skirt and it seemed to wash well. $12.95 well spent.




Emerald jumper / $27.95
I was so excited when I picked this up from the rack. So much so that I battled against the crowd to grab the next size up. Dedication. I can see myself wearing this both during the day and at night; during the day with a skater skirt and tights, at night time with a body con pleather skirt and a pair of killer heels. I know this might not appeal to everyone, but I am definitely in love with the metallic emerald finish. 
(The photos do not do this beautiful jumper any justice! It is much more vibrant, sparkly and metallic in reality) 



Black mini skirt / $12.95
This may appear like a plain black mini skirt but it does have some interesting details. Firstly, the material on this skirt is thick, meaning it will smooth over lines nicely. The cut is not too short also, usually hard to find in a mini skirt. It also has a slight asymmetric hem, adding to its interest. What interested me was the price tag. 


Pink pleated skirt / $19.95
This pink skirt is the one that Miranda Kerr was wearing in the H&M advertisements. As soon as I saw it, I had to have it. I purchased this at the opening and may or may not have tried it on next to a pot plant behind a rack. Oh the joys of shopping. When I first picked this up I was so surprised at how thick the material was, and how heavy the skirt itself was. I must add that if you don’t store this nicely the pleats can crease awkwardly. That aside, this is a beautiful skirt I purchased at a very low price. Score.
(I’m sorry that I don’t have any photos of this skirt but I will make sure to include it in an upcoming post)









No comments:

Post a Comment