Sunday 4 May 2014

OOTD #1












This is the outfit that I wore to the opening of H&M. I am in love with this dress that I bought a few months back in an ASOS sale, and my mum has cleverly christened it as the “Audrey” dress. Very Audrey-esque indeed; though it might not resemble the little black dress she wore in Breakfast at Tiffany’s, it plays on the dresses that she wore on an everyday basis. As Audrey was a ballerina she had the small frame of one, and the dresses she wore not only accentuated her tiny waist but gave her the appearance of longer legs. Like myself, Audrey wore her black midi dress with ballerina flats. I do think, however, that this dress would look amazing with heels. For practical purposes wearing heels or any heeled shoes while waiting in line for H&M would have proven to have been painful.  Ouch. I adore the way this dress comes in at the waist, emphasising the smallest part of my torso. There is no doubt that this dress will make another appearance soon, but maybe with a croissant in hand…?

Outfit:
Asos black midi dress (similar here with 3/4 sleeves and wrap back, similar here with longer sleeves, similar here belted)
Lovisa Wishbone necklace (similar here)
Lovisa bow bracelet (similar here)
Lipstick black ballerina flats

Face:
Garnier Miracle Skin Perfecter All-in-one BB Cream (in Light)
Thebalm Mary-Lou Maniser
Benefit Coralista blush
Maybelline master precise liquid liner (in Black)
Benefit They’re Real mascara
Revlon Colourburst Matte Balm (in Audacious)



*What a happy coincidence that the day I schedule this post would be the day of Audrey Hepburn’s 85th birthday. Such sweet serendipity...

No comments:

Post a Comment