Sunday 31 August 2014

What's New From Maybelline


Haul and mini review

I recently went makeup shopping at Priceline a few weeks ago where Maybelline was half price. You can imagine my excitement, crazily swatching colours, even squatting down to choose a product. That’s the only time I will engage in any form of physical exercise: true beauty dedication. What I ended up walking out with were all new Maybelline products (well, new to Australia at least!). In retrospect I realised that I only bought newly released products because I already owned every other makeup item from Maybelline. 




Shades(in order): Eternal Lilac 210, Forevermore Green 625, Surreal 635

I went a little overboard with the nail polishes but these are a new formula, promising to give 7 days of wear. I will say that I have tried one of the shades but it did not last as long as it claimed to. Personally, nail polish will always chip after a few days on me and I tend to choose polishes based on the colour selection. This formula had limited but amazing colours and I was even tempted to pick up a fourth that Amelia Liana had raved about, but I decided to restrain myself to just three. I am in love with the lilac shade and have worn it two weeks straight, something completely uncommon for me. However, I am yet to try the others.  


Color Elixir Color Sensational Creamy Lip Lacquer
Shade: Fuschia Flourish 075

If my Lip Product Addict TAG wasn’t an indication of my obsession than this completely unjustified lip purchase may be. It’s packaged nicely, it was fairly inexpensive at half price off, I had heard UK bloggers’ love for it and the colour is gorgeous. Look at me trying to defend another lip purchase; a sign of a true addict! I did try it immediately, fumbling with the sticker in the car, and although it’s a gloss, it has great pigmentation and it stays around for a while, though it can be a little sticky. 

(Please excuse the fingerprints on the metal lid!)



Shade: 40 Improper copper

The third purchase is an eyeshadow that is actually a loose pigment; something of a rarity on the lower scale of beauty. I couldn’t decide on a shade but I opted for this rich, chocolate tone that would be great for a night look. It looked very nice swatched on my hand but I will have to test it on my eyes. 



Brow drama sculpting brow mascara
Shade: Medium brown

Lastly, a brow product. Not a fan of strong brows I tend to shy away from using anything at all on my eyebrows, apart from a little clear brow gel every now and again. I tried this yesterday and it seemed to give me fuller looking, less sparse brows by slightly tinting them a shade close to my natural hair. It did come off a little darker than my actual hair colour but it was nothing too noticeable, I even asked my mum ‘can you notice anything different?’ The whole aim is for it to look as if I have no product through my brows, and this seemed to achieve this. 

I may have to shy away from the Maybelline counter for a little while after this...

What are your favourite Maybelline products?


No comments:

Post a Comment