Sunday 10 August 2014

Five Minute Face







Now that I think about it I rarely have more than five minutes to do my makeup. I don’t wear any makeup on school days, but I do work after school and on the weekend, and like to look a little more presentable (i.e not scare the customers away!). Whether I have to leave straight after school or early in the morning, I have to prioritise my makeup decisions. Today I bring you five makeup products that can be slapped on in around five minutes. 

I always opt for big lashes and these Shu Uemura eyelash curlers assist my lashes to curl and give me the wide-eyed look I prefer. It seems like a pretty boring step but it definitely makes a difference for me; I couldn’t put my makeup on without it. This pair is only $29 and can easily be picked up from David Jones. Next up is mascara, which is the Rimmel Lash Excellerator Endless. I must admit that this is not my all time favourite mascara but it does add volume and a little length (feel free to swap this out with your preferred one). Then onto the base. The one that I have used for over a year and does not seem to have run out is the Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB cream in Light. When you first apply this BB cream it doesn’t seem to do much; the coverage is light, it blends well and sinks into the skin but it doesn’t look flawless. However, when you look into the mirror post application your skin will look healthy and slightly more perfected with the redness covered. The finish is very natural and it is comfortable to wear. Being a product from Garnier I associate it as more of a skincare item than makeup, and I don’t feel as if I am clogging my pores. I would, however, recommend the Oily/Combination version to those inclined to a little shiny-ness, or you could simply set the cream with a mattifying powder as it can get a little too dewy at times. To cover up any imperfections or redness the Maybelline Fit Me concealer does a really good job at a drugstore price. It has medium to full coverage and sticks around quite well. The shade I have is 10 which is a little dark for highlighting but is perfect for covering up blemishes. Those who can pull of this shade as a highlighter are lucky as the creamy texture is perfect for under eye circles, down the bridge of the nose, the chin and forehead. The applicator on this is also quite handy and very Nars Radiant Creamy concealer-esque. Lastly something to put on the lips. A tinted lipbalm like the Maybelline Baby Lips in Pink Lolita not only adds moisture but a little colour to the lips. This is perhaps the easiest step as it doesn’t require a mirror, but if you need a little flush to your cheeks then you can use this as a makeshift blush. Swirl your finger over the product and then tap onto the apples of the cheeks. The positive of doing this is not only using one product for two purposes, but it gives a radiant and natural looking blush that a powder rarely gives. Also, no brushes needed. Score


And there it is. A five minute guide to makeup using five products. In fact, it probably took longer to read this post than it does to actually apply the makeup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment