Sunday 17 August 2014

New Bathroom Products




The Body Shop Brazil nut shower cream

I am actually new to using body washes as I previously just used bar soaps. I stumbled into The Body Shop the other weekend looking for a face primer, when it was advertised that majority of their products had a permanently reduced price. You can imagine my excitement as I crazily began smelling all the body butters, the scrubs and the body washes. Though I absolutely loved the scent of the grapefruit scrub, I decided to give the Brazil nut body wash a chance. The main reason I was drawn to this product was the scent. I was expecting quite a generic, not too overpowering nutty scent like the shea butter, but was pleasantly surprised by the sweetness of the Brazil nut. It was interesting that only the body wash had the sugary element, while the body butter was more subdued and ordinary. I am very excited to try this, and I hope the fragrance with linger even after the shower is over. 




Soap&Glory The Breakfast Scrub

This is actually a repurchase as I was getting down to the very last remnants of my old scrub. The only negative I have about this product is the newly shaped packaging, which has the shape of a body butter, and not the almost inverted dome that this scrub used to be. It is very rare that I repurchase bathroom products, so when I do it means that I have really loved using the product and am in desperate need of restocking. This is perhaps the most effective scrub that I have used; others are either not harsh enough or so course that they strip moisture from the skin. Not only do the sugar particles in this scrub actually scrub the skin, when mixed with water the product has a milky property, moisturising the skin simultaneously. The smell, however, is the most attractive feature of this scrub. Each time I use this I may or may not stand in the shower for at least two minutes inhaling the sweet, maple syrup-like scent. This is definitely better smelling than any breakfast I’ve ever had, but I’ll take the scrub any day over real life pancakes. Just a final note, do not eat the scrub. I know it’s tempting, but take my advice, it does not taste as good as it smells. 



Beauty Care exfoliating mitt


The main reason I bought this is because I thought it would be perfect to feature in a blog post. It’s just so cute! Of course I did not spend my entire week’s pay on this, it merely put me back $4 as I purchased it from Kmart. That place can really do me no wrong! It is a hand held loofer in the shape of an apple, assisting with the ease of exfoliating the body. Where the old fashioned loofers were on a long, wooden stick to reach the awkward places on your back, this one is designed to easily scrub the arms, legs and the rest of the body. In the same way you would apply fake tan with a mitt, you just rub the cream coloured side over the skin in circular motions when wet. It subtly, manually exfoliates the body, which aids in the regeneration of new skin by removing the dead skin cells. If you find sugar scrubs a little harsh, this is a perfect way to get smooth legs without irritating the skin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment