Sunday 24 August 2014

OOTD#4 Shades of Cool














This outfit was inspired by my gorgeous blue bag that I bought from H&M which was featured in this post. Cornflower blue is one of my favourite colours and the shades of this outfit are pretty close to it, making it even more of a pleasure to wear. I am a fan of matching pieces based on colour, but doing it in a tasteful way that doesn’t make me look like a blueberry (Charlie and the chocolate factory reference: ‘you’re going violet, Violet’). The pompom tailed scarf from Sportsgirl was a perfect addition to the look that was effective in terms of its practicality, and its overall aesthetic pleasure, while the nail polish was colour matching executed subtly. This is designed to be a lilac shade but it changes on my nails after about a day or so, transforming into the perfect shade of cornflour blue. In essence this is a very simple look with minimal accessories, with the main focus on the blue shade. Underneath the scarf I am wearing a very simple grey sweatshirt that I bought from Kmart a few months back. I could honestly wear this pullover as loungewear at home it is that comfortable, but pairing it with the scarf and the chic handbag make it outing appropriate. Again, a very simple look, but sometimes simplicity creates sartorial genius. In the wise words of Coco, ‘before you leave the house, look in the mirror and take one thing off.’ In this case I would probably catch a cold if I took anything off, but you can never defy Coco. And yes, I use her first name because I’m sure we were best friends in another life.  

Outfit details:
Scarf- Sportsgirl
Leggings- Glassons
Jumper- Kmart
Handbag- H&M
Boots- Lipstik
Ring & Bracelet- Pandora
Watch- Fossil

Nails- Essie ‘Lilacism’ 

No comments:

Post a Comment