Sunday 3 August 2014

Boohoo Mini Sale Haul

This is quite a long name for a short post. I received my package from Boohoo at the start of the week and thought that I might as well show you my sale purchases. I thought this post would be most relevant now, so hopefully the items are not yet sold out. Three quite random pieces at an amazing price, let’s get on with the haul...





Though I do find slogan t-shirts extremely cute I tend not to buy them as I just never wear them, and the slogan’s fashion credibility is usually temporary. Ones with French writing, however, are a must. Firstly, being a French student myself I can understand the English translation (though they usually print well known phrases), and I have a love for French culture in general. I am just really drawn to French sloganed tees and I feel as if I have to own them all. Not only was this one in pink it was around ten dollars. Can you really go wrong? (in case you were wondering the answer is no). Maybe I can wear this to inspire me to do my French homework. That was a little farfetched. 





My favourite pattern is gingham (an ode to the Wizard Of Oz), and in particular, navy gingham. This skirt looked like it would be an easy piece to add to an existing wardrobe and a more exciting, casual version of a black mini skirt. Again, the price was ridiculously cheap at eight dollars. For this price I really wasn’t expecting much in terms of fabric quality, and my predictions were correct. It’s a very thin material so if it’s quality you’re after, I would give this one a miss. 

(Update: now only six dollars!)







While the skirt was a Wizard Of Oz inspired piece, this dress is a reference to my other favourite childhood film; Alice in Wonderland. While I don’t really want to tumble down the rabbit hole and almost drown in a sea of my own tears, I can still channel the whimsical aura that surrounds Alice. Think of it as Alice’s dress without the white apron; collared, blue and floaty. Nipped in at the waist, it’s my perfect style. **Cue nostalgic sigh**

No comments:

Post a Comment